Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic field loading in Qlikview

Hi,

I want to create a template where all the dimensions and metrics will be read from an external file. I want to give any dimensions/metric in the external file and the loadscript should be able to load those metrics. I then want to use those fields dynamically in charts. Can someoen please guide how to read the field names dynamically

Shah

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a single line in you Load Script:

$(Must_Include=external-file.qvs);

Then you can create the entire Load Script dynamically. You could have your own template of fixed things and other parts as replacement/macro substitution elements.

Not applicable
Author

I have used the external load script in text file and included it in Qlikview load script. However, I still dont understand how to load the columns/field names dynamically. Can you please give an example

marcus_sommer

If you want to load dimensions dynamically you need to use for each field a separate variable which then changed the content on your action. This approach would be the same within script and/or gui. But it won't be trivial to build such app and I'm not sure if the use is like you expected it.

There are other approaches to create dynamically dimensions which most work with conditions. See as example those two links:

QlikView App: Dynamic Date Dimension

Dynamic Table Design - Allowing users to pick and choose dimensions dynamically in v10

- Marcus