Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis not working

hi, im trying to add set analysis to an expression so that it sums 'IPTotal' for all 'Weeks' and where IPType = 'Daycase' and any values that dont match as null.

The expression that was used previously was:

Sum(if(IPType='Daycase',IPTotal,null()))

But the problem with this expression is that it didnt use set analysis to show all 'Weeks'

The expression i created to include set analysis is:

SUM({$<IPType = {'Daycase'},Week = {'*'}>} IPTotal)

But now the problem with my set analysis attempt is that this expression correctly shows all weeks but incorrectly doesnt show any data for IPTotal.

Please see image below:

error loading image

Any Ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

hi miguel,

your solution doenst work as the values this returns are far too low (maybe showing nulls only)

with some trial an error i found the answer with the following expresion (a combination if set analysis + if statement)

SUM({$<IPType = {'Daycase'},Week = {'*'}>} if(IPType='',null(),IPTotal))

many thanks for your help though

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If you want to show all possible values for one field, usually you needn't to specify it in set analysis, as the expression will return them. So first try removing the Week part of it and see what shows.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

hi miguel,

Let me clarify again, i want the expression to show 'all weeks' by set analysis so that it ignores user week selection.

I think the problem with my set analysis expression is the null part.

Any ideas??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then use

SUM({$<IPType = {'Daycase'}, Week = >} IPTotal)

to ignore user's selection for field Week. Otherwise, it will show all values for current selection, which is the current state when the chart is rendered.

In regards to null values, and checking your if() statement, you will not get any values if you don't have results.

Not applicable
Author

hi miguel,

your solution doenst work as the values this returns are far too low (maybe showing nulls only)

with some trial an error i found the answer with the following expresion (a combination if set analysis + if statement)

SUM({$<IPType = {'Daycase'},Week = {'*'}>} if(IPType='',null(),IPTotal))

many thanks for your help though