Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I have US MSA SVG map?

Hey guys,

I have downloaded SVG map (using US map and US counties map), it is working great and I love it. However, the request has changed, I need to have a US MSA map. Can anybody help me with this? My questions are:

1. Is there any US MSA SVG map? Or how can I contact SVG map developer to ask?

2. Is that possible that I built my custom MSA SVG map? I have no experience in this before, so if I start to learn and develop one by myself, what is the work load?

3. Any recommended alternative maps?

Also, I want to know one more thing? How I can build one dynamic SVG map? I saw one before. One map with state level, and when I select that state, it will show counties in that state.

Thanks!!Very appreciated!!

5 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Sorry it took so long to get an answer to you...

1. No I've never seen a US MSA SVG map.  Probably because that's a pretty detailed view and usually you see SVG maps of different states or districts rather than the whole country.

2. Yes, it would be possible to build your own, but it would be a lot of work.  You could potentially find a KML file of the same regions and convert it to SVG, but either way you're dealing with a lot of data, and a lot for javascript to deal with.

In order to build a dynamic SVG map which similates drilling, you could add an expression to the "Load Custom SVG" property in the extension which detects which level SVG to display.  For example if more than one state is selected, then display the USA map SVG, but if only one state in selected (Pennsylvania), only display the map of that state.

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

Can you tell me the syntax for that conditional load statement?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jee Lee,

You will find some help into this discussion I initiated few times ago : SVG Map Reader - How to deal with drill down ?

About this conditional load statement, I gave an example.

Regards,

Gilles

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Jocelyn,

I know it's a very old post but wondering if you have a USA SVG file based on MSA's? Did you get it to work?

polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Did you found any thing related to MSA based maps in Qlik Sense?? Please share your analysis on this.

Thanks,

Jaswanth P