Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I reload a document?

I setup a task to reload the document. I can see that the status shows as failed, but dont know where to look at the logs to find out where the error message is. I did setup the ODBC connection in the server and I can manually refresh the document in the server as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found the problem. The ODBC connection was setup with my personal ID as a USER DSN instead of a SYSTEM DSN. Hence the punlisher windows account could not find my USER DSN. I changed it to a SYSTEM DSN & I am all set now.

Dinesh.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It could be many things. It is odd when you can reload manually, but not through the server. Although, we have had a couple instances where this has been the case.

You should enable logging on the document itself. On the General tab of Document Properties, there is a Generate Logfile checkbox. Check that and when you reload on the server a logfile will be created in the same directory and with a similar filename to the original document. This will give you a lot more information than the server log.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I changed the setting & clicked on the 'triangle play' button. The error message does not seem to go away. How do I know that the error message is from the current run & not a previous message? How do I know it is not currently running?

I added the task in the Source document tab in QMC, however, it does not save the Task Type to 'Reload at the current location'. It reverts back to 'Distribute to recipients entered manually'. Where is the option to set the schedule at which the refresh should automatically happen?

Thanks,

Dinesh

Not applicable
Author

Try clicking the triangle play button twice. I usually use the QEMC, but I went into the QMC and tried to reload a document that currently fails every time. I clicked once and nothing happened. I clicked again and the play button disappeared and I got the square stop button next to it. The failed changed to running. This happened for a few seconds and then it went back to failed. I also have it set up to send me an e-mail when it fails, so I saw that pop up as well.

If you look in the directory of your file you should see the log if you ran the task.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Double clicking did indeed make the task run. But it failed again. I went to E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents to see the log file, but I do not see the log file being generated. I re-checked if I indeed saved the 'Generate Log File' check box & I have indeed done that. Is the log file being saved in some other directory?

Regards,

Dinesh.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

You can reload the application from the main page only.

Just click over the arrowed mark button

Not applicable
Author

My logfiles appear in the same directory as Filename.qvw.log. I looked around a little bit and didn't see any settings or anything that would affect it. Did you try reloading the file directly? That should create a logfile as well.

Not applicable
Author

Does this solution facilitate an automatic reload of the document when it changes, e.g. when you recompile your Latex document?

ERP Consulting

SAP ERP Consultants

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I reloaded the file directly in the server. I still do not see any log files. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Thon

You Can reload the document in the server By scheduling the task or after giving the path in the server you can click on the Document and run it...

After clicking on the document you can see the status of the Document as 'Running'..After sometime if it shows failed ..then go to your log files ....

Thanks

Sunil