Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Profiling of Data Market Data not working

Description

When loading data from data market into an existing data model, the data profiling does not seem to work. Regardless of whether i load the data from data market first or second. see steps below. Also, you should have the 3 character ISO codes for currencies in data market instead of (or as well as) the descriptions. Nobody is going to link data on description fields.

Steps to Reproduce

Description

When loading data from data market into an existing data model, the data profiling does not seem to work. Regardless of whether i load the data from data market first or second. see steps below. Also, you should have the 3 character ISO codes for currencies in data market instead of (or as well as) the descriptions. Nobody is going to link data on description fields.

Steps to Reproduce

I have loaded a data model with sales data. There is a column named Base Currency in my data model. It contains the value "US dollar' in every row, as set by the following SQL  "update order_details set [Base currency] = 'US dollar'"

I loaded this data up into my app from a SQL DB using data profiler. That all worked very nicely.

i then load up the 3X3 currency data. There is a column that is identical and it contains many matching values. But no profile suggestions are generated at all.

So I then load up the currency data from data market first. I then load up my data from SQL and profile it. When it gets to the currency data it finds that there is a matching column, but for some reason it does not see the values at matching. It finds zero % matches. Please see the image below.

Data Profiling.png

0 Replies