Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Reduction and wildcards Users

Bonjour. Hola. Good morning.

I have two QVWs running from the same data source. QVW1 is visible to one user group (that can see ALL data) and QVW2 visible to another (to which I would like to restrict the data set). It's essentially the same document but with a large amount of the data omitted. Because of the amount of data excluded, it was necessary to create an entirely separate file (for look & feel purposes).

I'm familiar with Section Access and how to implement it based on a list of users.

As I have already restricted access to the QVWs through the AccessPoint and Windows AD User Groups, anyone who doesn't need to access the file, can't; authorisation isn't the problem.

Here's the question - is it possible to use Data Reduction for all users without listing all users individually? For example, is it possible to use wildcards for the NTNAME?

One way could be to export the list of users in a user group and have that as the Section Access user list, but I believe this would require batch files/macros/tasks, etc, and that's more manual intervention that I want.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Either. Perhaps this discussion helps: Re: section access management use

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use AD groups too for section access. Just make sure that users reauthenticate after being added to a new AD group.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

Would this be done through script or Management Console?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Either. Perhaps this discussion helps: Re: section access management use