Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlickView on iPad Safari

When I point the iPad Safari to the AccessPoint page, I get a blank screen. I even turned off the pop-up blocker.

For testing sake, I logged into IE explorer in AccessPint & I can see all the documents. When I used firefox, the pop-up comes asking for ID/password. It appears that IE knows which windows ID/password is being used & hence the pop-up does not come, however firefox does not. I presumed that the same issue is with firefox & disabled the pop-up blocker. Still no use.

On further testing, on the AccessPoint address, if I give a wrong address after the correct server name, it gives me a blank page. However if I give a wrong server name, it comes back with page not found. Not sure what this is telling me.

Is anybody out there using Safari on iPad & if yes, any idea on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Dinesh,

You probably can't use Safari if your server is running in NTFS mode unless you allow anonymous users. That is because Apple does not support Windows authentication (yes I know there are some workarounds, but they don't really work well). So I suggest you switch to DMS mode, which you can then configure to use a custom directory, etc.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The server is already running on DMS mode. However, in the document authorization, I had specifically added NT DOMAIN\userid. Could this be causing a problem? How can I open a document to everyone without adding a specific domain NT account?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In the Authorization tab, you would need to select the Anonymous user. Click the Edit pencil in the Authorization tab, and check the "Anonymous" checkbox. This will open the document to everyone, assuming you have the proper CALs.

Regards,