Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gchampion
Contributor III
Contributor III

AJAX integration in an HTML page

Hi,

Does someone have an example of AJAX integration on a distant html page (page not on the Qlikview server). I am looking for a simple html page where I can put One or Many Qlikview objects as ListBox and Graph of a same QVW.

I need the procedure to make It works, javascript to import, authentification mode and display without error.

Do you have a such example with IIS and with WebServer ?

I didn't find a good documentation on this subject and I think it could useful to make something as tutorial for that common case.

Thank you,

Guillaume

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you looked at the examples in the Qlikview SDK? The SDK is an optional feature of the QV Server install.

-Rob

gchampion
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your answer, SDK documentation is interesting, but I can't find a relevant example/sample on what I want to do.

We've got a php application on a distant (Linux) server (apache) and we want to integrate some Qlikview object from this server passing automatically authentification details.

We tried a lot of things but we are bloked with this access of the file Authentificate.aspx (Acces denied).

Actually, our QlikView server is hosted on 2008 Server with IIS7 actived.

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your custom page may require that you request a Ticket from the QlikView Server for authentication. You will require 4747/tcp connectivity to the QlikView Server, and an account that is a member of QlikView Administrators too.

Regarding embedding single objects ... two approaches:

1. See http://website/qvajaxzfc/htc/singleobject.htm
  2. Use QV Desktop "Tools > Objects Client Page Generator" to export an HTML/AJAX page that represents your QlikView Document. With some modification you can layout the objects you want on your own page.

It seems useful for you to engage a QlikView Partner or Consultant to assist with this.

Not applicable

Hi Guillaume:

We are also interested in an integration similar to your description. Were you successful accessing the qlikview ajax objects from your linux/apache server?

Heather

Not applicable

Hello,

I am looking for the same thing. Can anyone tell me how on Qlikview 10 I can integrate through AJAX or Javascript a Qlikview component on a .NET web page. I didn't want to use Workbench or .NET integration.

Thank you,

Pedro   

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

For anyone following this old thread, there is a possible solution here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4005

If you are finding that the host website is not dynamically passing network credentials of the user from the web server to the QlikView server, then you will need to use Ticketing as the authentication method, as discussed above by Michael Robertshaw. This will require a bit more code behind the web pages that are calling the QlikView content. A great document on web ticketing can be found here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3614