Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense Server 1.1 Installation PostgreSQL Repository Installation Failed

Repository Database / PostgreSQL Installation Error

I am getting an error on installing the QlikSense Server repository.  It appears that the PostgreSQL msi package fails.

Qlik_Sense_20150616105923_6_PostgreSQL.log

MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error
MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1708
MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error
MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709
MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Product: PostgreSQL -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (78:98) [11:00:58:821]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: PostgreSQL. Product Version: 1.1.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.

I am installing QlikSense Server Version 1.1.0 FR,  Build 31, release Date 2015-02-24.

Install Environment / Process
  • I am installing on a standard Windows 2012 R2 server image hosted on Microsoft Azure .
  • The server has the standard trusted Root certificates including Global Sign Root CA and the VeriSign Class 3 Root Certificates.
  • I have tried installing as "Quick Install" and as "Custom Install", just installing the Repository Database.  In each case the error is the same PostgreSQL issue.
  • I have tried installing both as an Administartor and User.  Neither make any difference.

Does anyone have similar issues / experience?

Nick Scott

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Nick,

It seems that the problem is you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ =redistributable Package, (Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Ce... )  can you try to install it and run Qlik Sense executable as administrator ( right-click > Run as administrator)

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Nick,

It seems that the problem is you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ =redistributable Package, (Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Ce... )  can you try to install it and run Qlik Sense executable as administrator ( right-click > Run as administrator)

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

I have also seen that sometimes the PostGres install package is not placed on the system when the install runs.

Try this...

Uninstall Qlik Sense server if there is an entry in Add/Remove Programs.

Remove the %ProgramData%\Qlik directory.

Remove the PackageCache folder in the %ProgramData% folder.

Attempt to perform the installation again.

jg

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I have made a lot of Sense installations with no problems but run into exactly the same error on a “new” hosted environment. Qlik support was involved and we tried to reinstall/update different parts with no success. We finally find a lot of missing or old dlls in the OS and after a while we desire to reinstall the Windows 2012 R2 and try again. After the reinstallation it was working directly with no hands on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Giuseppe

I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ =redistributable Package, (Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Ce... ) as you suggested and removed the folders:

• %ProgramData%\Qlik directory.
  • PackageCache folder in the %ProgramData% folder.

And ran the QlikSense "Quick Install" and tis has worked.

It appears that the MSI (EXE) doesn't check to see if the Microsoft Visual C++ has already been installed!

Many thanks to all for your responses.

Nick Scott

Giuseppe_Novello

Excellent! Glad I could help and other people inputs too!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello