Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QDS task keep running while trying to connect Oracle via OLEDB

This is our first implementation of QlikView 11. Everything went well with development server but after deploying QVD Generator qvws on production server, I am not able to run the reload tasks from QMS that tries to connect to Oracle DB via OLEDB driver.

When I am trying to open same qvw in desktop version on the server and run, it works fine and uses the same driver. Also both development and production boxes installation versions are same. Not sure whats the issue here.

QlikView 11 installed on Win2012 64bit

The only line in my script is as below. There are no other statements in this test QVW.

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxx;Data Source=xxxx;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is xxxxxxxx);

Please help.

A

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Issue got resolved after completely restarting server. Shutdown and then start (not restart). Hope this will help.

A

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Further information:

I logged on to the prod server using the service account that runs the QV services and tried to reload qvw via desktop (on the server) and worked fine.

Job log shows -- reloading... statements keep on repeating until I kill the talk in QMC.

Not applicable
Author

Issue got resolved after completely restarting server. Shutdown and then start (not restart). Hope this will help.

A