Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Point Document Directory

What is the directory path you would provide for AccessPoint? Is it the same as the Publisher Source Document? I know it can be any directlry, but I wanted to know what the folks out in the real world have implemented.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It would Distribute the reloaded file to the User Documents folder. See the Qvs Reference Manual for all the details.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You would typically not want it to be the same as the source directory because that would cause all sorts of problems with files overwriting themselves. See the discussion here: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/33147.aspx

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does this mean that you need to place the document in both the below places?

User Documents: E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents

Source Documents: E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Sourcedocuments

If so, how does the publisher which just reloaded the source document, update the user document? How would the end users access the refreshed document?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It would Distribute the reloaded file to the User Documents folder. See the Qvs Reference Manual for all the details.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the pointer. I setup the task in QEMC & am now able to distribute to the folder. However, I was forced to go to QMC to setup authorization to add myself to be able to view the document in AccessPoint.

Is there anyway in which I can setup the document authorization in QEMC without going to QMC?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Never mind. I had to wait till the task was complete for the document to show up in the user document list. Thx for your help.

Dinesh.