Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III

Which place makes more sense for applying security, Publisher via recipients, or, Windows folder security.

If I have five reports that run to one mounted folder it seems like it would be quicker to manage folder security and add one AD role than to go to each report, add the new recipient, and then I think you have to run the publishing task to update the security on the folder. I took the publishing course a few months ago and they really don't cover this topic since the screenshots look like setting recipients wasn't available. What I read was, to give Fred and Bob access to develop their app you needed to give the rights to the folder via windows. I don't get why the publisher guide was covering what looked like granting access to developers for read\write and access to be able to see the doc at the access point. Nowhere did it cover steps on distributing to the mounted folder and setting the recipients.

FYI, my training manual was for Server Publisher 11.2/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To make this simple, but when you distribute a qvw using publisher, the qvw does not inherit the folders rights.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Publisher for this and it works like a dream.

You must have gone on a different Server Publisher course than me, as for me this was covered in depth with exercises.

paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Your book covered how to distribute to mounted folders with named recipients? Could you tell me what pages\section please. All I could find was where they mounted the doc and set access to all authenticated users, from there it went into setting access via the Loop and Reduce and data reduction and distribution by email.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To make this simple, but when you distribute a qvw using publisher, the qvw does not inherit the folders rights.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
paputzback
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I understand that. And that is scary since if someone deletes your task, then you have just lost all your named users.