Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

custom users management

Dear Forum,

My client wants to use the custom users directory list in order to allow users outside the network to my clients qv documents. I know this is only available in DMS mode. However, when i try to manage this list, i notice that i have to enter the users 1 by 1. This list is based on the xml CustomDirectoryData.xml. Now I have to enter 300 users one by one into this tool. I think there must be a better way to manage and maintain this list. One key issue for us is to be able to import a massive amount of user information from xls to this xml. Does anyone have a good idea on how to deal with this?

Regards,

Tjeerd

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Tjeerd,

I don't know too much about DMS mode and such, but from my understanding, your current requirement is taking a lot of customer_data from an xls and making it into valid xml, no?

Well, in my experience, that can be done using some string_functions to enrich the data you actually have in your xls with the necessary tags and such so that it fits your xml_file - doable in a small QlikView_app for ex.

HTH

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. However then i still have 1 issue. The passwords that have been inputted in the management console are encrypted in the xml. My excel passwords are not encrypted. Will this give a security issue?

If it does, how will i be able to encrypt those passwords in excel?

Regards,

Tjeerd

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Let me change my answer to you. It has been a long day.

Can you setup the users in the local directory on the server? If so you can use a bat file to up load the users.

net user User9 user9 /add /expires:never /passwordchg:no

in the above the User9 is the user and user9 is password.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. My customer wants to use the custom directory as this will avoid the need for windows licenses (which is the case in local directory).

So your suggestion wont help im afraid.