Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW File Performance Issue - Open Document takes too long time on WEB

Hi All,

We have developed a qvw file for one of our customers and are facing a problem when deployed on Production Server.

Every time we open the document on web browser IE 7.0 (IE-Plugin), it takes around 10 to 15 seconds to open. Where as, once opened, subsequent opening of any sheet working faster.

Some information on our application for your reference:

1. Total size of the qvw file is around 22MB and the RAM is 4 GB on Server.

2. It has 8 sheets, lots of Straight Table Charts, Few Bar Charts and Lots of expressions with Nested If else statements.

3. The Landing page also has lot of expressions, charts.

If anyone can suggest us on how to reduce the document open time, it would be of great help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Praveena.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Praveena,

Try to preload your document going to your server's QlikView Management Console, User Documents. There select your document and click the Always button in "Preloaded" and see whether that helps.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your quick reply. Really appreciate it.

We have already set Preload option to "Always" as you have suggested.

As I understand, this helps in second and subsequent opens of a document (because it is Pre-Loaded during First Open). Moreover, even after using the above option, we still need to wait for 10 -15 seconds for the document to open. We are looking at reducing this time.

Please let us know if there is any other technique/practise to reduce the time taken for opening document.

Regards,

Praveena.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Praveena,

Setting a simple startup tab is useful, kind of intro page with a logo an a textbox, although any time you change to another will take some time.

I don't know any other suggestions as loading time depends very much on the document, the number of expressions and objects and complexity of conditionals (use set analysis when possible instead), but on the data model as well, and I daren't to go any further.

Regards.