Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Modifying the definition.xml-file has no effect until a approximate delay of 24-48 hours

Hi

After an extension object is installed and accessed by any sheet, modifying the definition.xml-file has no effect.

You can make changes, but the number of dimensions, expressions and parameters remains the same.

Sometimes the changes took effect approximately 24-48 later.

Waiting so long is no option so my workaround was to copy the folder of the extension object and give it another name. Of course I have to change the name of the extension in the Script.js-file too (the first parameter of the Qva.AddExtension function). But after that it is very tedious to remove all the extension objects of the older version and replace them by the new one.

I didn't find any option in the QMC to clear this "cache" or to modify the timeout.

1 Reply
tlorimier
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Alexander Johr,

I don't know if this help but when I modify or update the definition.xml - file I do 2 thing to see the change :

- Reload QlikView (quit and restard).

- Destroy extension object and put a new one.

It seems that QlikView load at start all the extension Object with their property. So you need to restart QlikView to see the change.

Hope this help.