Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

nPrinting on Access Point

Hey guys,

This is more of a 'Can This be Done?'

I have an app on a server and can be seen on Access Point. On another server, I have nPrinting running.

So ...I added a button to my app to call nPrinting on the nPrinting server.

Now I load the application on Access Point with the button visible.

Is there any way that once this button is selected, it calls nPrinting to do its magic and run the task to create a report?

I cant host the app on the nPrinting server as a result of RAM/performance/memory.

The nPrinting will launch a job also.

\\server\d$\Nprinting Apps\Job\BatJob\SD_Job.bat which will launch

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\Nprinting.exe" /NprintingFile "D:\Nprinting Apps\Report\Report.nsq" /Job "Service Desk"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting on Demand is most likely what you want. It offers an extension object that lets you print a report you select on demand.

I imagine that you are on your way to figuring out a way around it, but the time/effort/risk involved might make it worth looking at the On Demand license.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi David,

I think NPrinting On-Demand is the solution you are looking for.

With NPrinting On-Demand you can add a button in your published QV document in access point to run any task or reports in a NPrinting file.

Moreover, you can do selections directly in the QVW in access point and pass them to NPrinting. The resulting report will be filtered according to these selections.

NPrinting On-Demand requires an NPrinting Server application installed.

You can have a look at this tutorial:

How to Use Current Selections with On-Demand Reporting – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting on Demand is most likely what you want. It offers an extension object that lets you print a report you select on demand.

I imagine that you are on your way to figuring out a way around it, but the time/effort/risk involved might make it worth looking at the On Demand license.