Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Coloring alternate rows in a straight table

I have a straight table.

I want the alternate rows to have background color gray and white.

Is there a simple way to achive this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The attached file has one example using RowNo() in a background colour expressions, and one using one of the built-in pajama stripe styles.

If you want gray and white stripes, the first method is probably the one you want.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

10 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

It is in style tab in the chart properties. Stripes every X lines.

Not applicable
Author

Should some associated settings be done?

because I tried setting "Stripes every X lines" to 1 and then to two..but no change.

Do you know where we need to specify the colors for strips?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The attached file has one example using RowNo() in a background colour expressions, and one using one of the built-in pajama stripe styles.

If you want gray and white stripes, the first method is probably the one you want.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

It should automatically work for a straight table. Check out Jonathan's example.

Current style determines the colors, unless you go with rowno where you can set any color you like.

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

That helped

Thank you

I used the first method ..that is, in the 'bachground' for both dimension and expressions i gave this

=if(Even(RowNo(TOTAL)), rgb(219,219,219), rgb(255,255,255))  So that the even rows be shown in gray and odd rows be in white.

Thank you once again !

Not applicable
Author

The RowNo() function disbales interactive sort! Any solutions for that?

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Hey Abhinav,

In that case, you can create a dummy column with RowNo() function and then hide it. The alternative color will workk fine.

Thanks,

Singh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan

This works nicely to do a custom pyjama but... it breaks the "Suppress Zero-Values" setting

Any idea why and how to fix this problem ?

The same happens in this other example found here :

Total row in a straight table - Design problem

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author