Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to Block Reload,Editscript

Hi all,

I want to block the reload and editscript option in the application depends on the user..

i would like to give the reload and editscript option to admin only...

how to do it using section access or any other method.....

pls anyone reply me as soon as possible

thanks in advance.......

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

First backup your document in case your section access doesn't work. Then, go to your "Document properties" in the "Settings" menu, "Security" tab and uncheck all those privileges you don't want for your users. Once your section access is created and the ACCESS field correctly set to ADMIN or USER, check that user access is allowed and you cannot go to those settings nor perform the actions which privileges you have unchecked.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In addition to that, you need to check the user privilege Override Admin Rights, User reload, OPen Edit Script which will allow admin to reload and open edit script.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

hi

I m new for qlikview..

I m not get ur points...

can u tell me clearly how to block the reload and Edit script option for the user using section access

but admin have rights to reload and edit script

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

First, backup your document just in case. Go to "Settings" menu, choose "Document Properties", "Opening" tab and make sure "Initial data reduction" is not checked.

In the same dialog, go to "Security" tab and uncheck "Edit Script" and "Allow User Reload", and any other actions you dont want the users are able to do.

Check "Admin Override Security".

Then, say you have this section access (adapt it to your user names and passwords) in your script:

SECTION ACCESS;LOAD * INLINE [ ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORDADMIN, ADMINNAME, ADMINPASSWORDUSER, USERNAME, USERPASSWORD];SECTION APPLICATION;

Reload the document and check that both admins and users can log in to the document.

Please refer to this document should for further requirements in your section access.

Regards.