Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embed Mashup in Web Page

Hi All,

I am new to qlik sense. I currently make use of the desktop version. I created some charts and embeded them in a mashup that I created from scratch. I tried to include it in a webpage, and was successful in doing that. The challenge I now have has to do with selection. The chart is being populated by some site data. In my web page, there is a user login, and once a user logs in, it shows only details and sites of that user. I however want to restrict the sites populating these charts in the mashup based on the user login, but I am unable to do so. I am not sure if I need to do it from the web page programming side or from the qlik sense workbench. I have tried to use the select method (App.field.Select) but all to no avail. I would appreciate your help on this. I have also tried to pass session values from my web page through the link in the Iframe, but these all don't work.

Thanks.

Kunbi.

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aiham,

I had used this identity method before in my iframe but as soon as I refresh or got to new page the selections go away.

Is there anyway to avoid this ?

Anuj

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi Anuj,

I don't think it's possible to have persistent selections without having a bookmark.

You may find more insights in this thread :Current selections lost when loading new page

aiham

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Please I like to ask what best way to have multiple mashups in a webpage. I am trying to show my mashups as a form of dashboard, however I have noticed that at times when I refresh the page to test new codes I add, it freezes and some of the mashups won't show at all. Can you please suggest a good way of representing it in form of a dashboard.

Thanks.

tanvi_madan1
Partner - Contributor III

Hi all,

Can any one help to access a mash up page of qlik sense from a webpage. I am trying to access the mash up page but it asks me for authentication but i want to do only single login and the mash up page should get open..

any solution ?

Not applicable
Author

Tanvi,

Take a look at this document.  Hope it helps.

Embedding Qlik Sense content into an IIS Website on Different Servers

jg

tanvi_madan1

Hi Jeffrey,

I had gone through the document and got successful in it . Thanks alot.

Regards,

Tanvi

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for the information. However I still have some challenges. Now We have moved to using Qlik sense server, this is installed on the same server where the IIS website is. So the problem is if I try to view the mashup from my webpage, it says the site is not trusted and needs some certification or so. So I have to first login into the sense hub and then go back to the webpage before I can view the mashups, please what can I do to this.

Not applicable
Author

Adekunbi,

I refer you back to this document: Embedding Qlik Sense content into an IIS Website on Different Servers

Even if Qlik Sense and IIS are on the same server, the concept and execution is the same.  In this case "different servers" means different web servers (even though technically the proxy is NOT a web server).

jg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much for the reply. I have gone through the document, however I have not fully implemented it. I want to get some things right. My mashup documents (.html, ,js ) files are in the real directory of qlik sense, I don't want to move it to the IIS directory, so my question is can I leave it that way and still get through with the certification issue?

Not applicable
Author

Okay, so yesterday, I followed the steps in the document and I was able to implement and create the certificates. But still the page still complains of untrusted communication. What else do I need to do please. Thanks. N.B. I didn't do the following: move the .html, .css and .js to IIS webpage, include the C# code snippet as I don't want users to enter those details and the redirection html page (stub).