Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Server Installation Issue

Hi,

We are setting up a multi node Qlik Sense Server. Qlik sense is installed in 3 servers. One server is Central Node another one is Engine Node and the third is Proxy Node. The engine and central nodes are in servers in the same domain whereas the proxy node is in a different domain which acts as the web server.

We are able to make the connection between the central node and the engine node but not able to connect the central node and the proxy node and get the following error when we try to do so " Node Registration failed: Cannot reach the remote host when distributing certificates". All the required ports are open between the Proxy node server and the central node server.

We have followed the attached document to install the multi node qlik sense server.

Please help us to figure what might be causing this issue.

Thank You

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Did you find a solution?

BR

Serhan

chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

any update on this ?

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

What version of QlikSense are you trying to install? Then could you shared us any picture with the problem.

I can shared you some recomendations that you can try:

• Turn off the Firewall in all nodes
  • Turn of the antivirus
  • the white list is very importan, so remember add all the servers in the white list

I attach other document with the steps to install a Qlik sense node.

I hope this information can be useful for you

Regards!

chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

version is - 2.2.3.0

Here is the error I get. we ruled out firewall and anti virus as these servers are set off on those 2 points.

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Check this information please

Distribute certificate ‒ Qlik Sense

Vincenzo_Esposito

‌Hi Gerardo,

I suppose  you're trying to reach the server using only the server name but you have installed it using the full qualified domain name (FQDN) line server.domain.com. In that case certificats the released certificates do not match the the server name you've put in the registration form. Try to use the FQDN also in the registration form

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Vincenzo,

I don´t have the problem, @Tony  has the problem. vincenzo.esposito‌ your answer have sense so Tony you can try that.

Sometimes when the installation is bad or corrupt the best way is uninstall all and try again

regards!

chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Vincenzo and Gerardo,

I tried with fully qualified name as well with ip address. doesn't work either.

when you said registration form where do I find it ?

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you tried accessing the https://xxxx:4444/setup/certificateDistribution adress in your webbbrowser?
You could also try using telnet to make sure that you actually can get information using that specific port.