Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blurpyblurp
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview desktop does not recognise named cal licence

Hi there,

Has anyone come across a situation where QV server is no longer allocating the named cals to the users when running QV desktop Edition?

I have specifically added my AD account and 2 others. Named CALS are allocated based on user name. 

Named Cals are not dynamically allocated nor leased out at the moment.  Anonymous logins are also blocked.

Until last week, I could update any of my QVW's without any issues.  I'd noticed today,

1. The QV title bar says Qlikview x64 Personal Edition

2. With one of my QVW's on my machine, I had a prj folder linked to it.  Whenever I tried to open the QVW, I got this error:  After removing the PRJ folder (from of the forum discussions), I could get into my QVW again.

QV Error.jpg

3. When I look at the named cal licences on the management console, I can see our AD accounts listed.  It is also showing the last used date times correctly. 

4. From what I can tell, the .pgo files are still accessible (i.e. not moved by AV).

I'm hoping not to have to remote these PGO files and start again.. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Elaine,

So only if you recreate the PRJ folder is when you cannot log in? Have been there any changes in the network (like port restrictions) that could avoid your client to contact the QlikView Server and grab the license you have assigned?

Another test is to open the document in server using QlikView Desktop > File > Open In Server

Miguel

blurpyblurp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Miguel,

Wrt the PRJ folder - I am indeed blocked from accessing any QVW if it has this folder linked with it.  I created another prj folder and again was blocked.

I will check about the network ports.  Not quite sure if this could happen

From QV desktop, I have used the open in server option as well and still don't seem to get the CAL license (title bar still says QV Personal Edition)..  It's oddly very inconsistent.

Should I double check AD permission on the QV folders as well? 

Thanks again

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

NTFS permissions on the PRJ folder could definitely be an issue worth checking.

Even if the title bar says "Personal Edition" as long as Open In Server works and you can open any document, then you are good to go with your license.

However, for the license to remain in your Desktop, it requires connection to QlikView Server.

blurpyblurp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Wrt NTFS, I meant the Qlikview folders.  I am admin on my own PC.  I should not be blocked if I just created the PRJ folder.

I checked the QV logs earlier today in the default QV documents folder, the Windows event logs.  Sadly nothing really obvious.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you are working locally, then no NTFS issues, and I agree, it should not be blocked. Please contact Support and send them the details so they can look further into the issue, and let us know the results.

blurpyblurp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks very much Miguel