Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Active Directory settings

Hello,

We are using Version 9 SR5. This morning, I found out that our Active Directory settings page had the following error message:

Failed using the credentials for user at directoryentry LDAP://***/RootDSE.

When I try to access Accesspoint, I get the following message:

Access denied! The server (QVS) is currently too busy. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

I have even uninstalled and installed qlikview.

Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I doubt those 2 problems are related. For the LDAP problem, try specifying the DSC in Distinguished format (e.g. LDAP://DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com). Then try to create a distribution task and add users. If you are able to browse/add users then your DSC is working fine.

For the second problem, try the solution I posted in response to your other QlikCommunity post.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I doubt those 2 problems are related. For the LDAP problem, try specifying the DSC in Distinguished format (e.g. LDAP://DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com). Then try to create a distribution task and add users. If you are able to browse/add users then your DSC is working fine.

For the second problem, try the solution I posted in response to your other QlikCommunity post.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad, Well, I guess i am going to need some LDAP pointers from you. Till yesterday, it used to be LDAP://abc , LDAP://xyz and and so on and so forth.

Now, should I be giving it as LDAP://DC = abc,DC = com?

Pardon my ignorance.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Distinguished format seems to work better, yes.

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, I acquired the complete qualifier names from the network Admin and used those. That did the trick.

Thanks for the help

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Interesting. That solved both problems?

Not applicable
Author

Well, I would say, uninstalling, deleting registry items and folders and reinstalling solved the problem with Accesspoint.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

i need some refereces to integrate the QV applications within oracle webcentre...basically i have to read the users from oracle internet identity (OID) to make single-sign-on for qlikview applications from webcentre poratl....does anybody have integrated the qlikview  with oracle webcentre....? appreciate your respoces or docs to my email id below suleman.imrankhan@gmail.com