Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync User List via Local Network, but cannot logging in as the User Directory Value is WORKGROUP

Hi chaps,

I may need your guidance on how to "Allocate User Access Pass" after synching with Local Network.

First, let me share what I've done:

I'm creating several windows users (UserA, UserB, UserC) on a standalone server (The Server name is: MYSENSESERVER). I'm aware that we can first attempt logging in as the new user (in this case: UserA) by attempt to connect to the "https://MySenseServer/HUB" (As show in the minute: 7:50-8:50 from this video (

, so that their name will be listed in QMC >.Users.

What I noticed is, using this method, the "User Directory" column for UserA is showing "MYSENSESERVER" as its value; whilst when I do the sync using Local Network, it assigned all these "imported" users (UserA, UserB, UserC) with "WORKGROUP" into the "User Directory" column.

Since all the users will be logging in as "MYSENSESERVER\UserA" or UserB or UserC, it seems they won't be logging in and use the entry made via the import using UDC Local Network.

My question then, is there a way to change the "User Directory" value from "WORKGROUP" to "MYSENSESERVER"?

Alternatively, is there a way for us to allow all these users to show up without the need to logging one at a time?

(I'm planning to create 20-30 users and it may not be practical to do this one at a time)....

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Anton

16 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony - sorry for the delay - following up with the PM on this for you.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks Michael,

Have a great weekend!

Tony

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Tony - got an update:

I was told that this is fixed in the 1.0.4 service release and is NOT in 1.1 - however will be in the next release due out shorty. HTH

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for the update.

Tony

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if I am having the same issue.  I'm running Sense 1.1.

I've posted a question over here:

Users Not Appearing in the User Access Allocations list

Any thoughts you have will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve, I see you got your answer, sorry for the delay - we have been heads down with the 2.0 launch. I should be back in the community soon.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

No worries - I appreciate that I posted the question long before you guys were up!

Excited to see the new version of Sense available today, looking forwards to playing about with it.

Steve