Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Users Not Appearing in the User Access Allocations list

Hi,

I have an issue in Qlik Sense QMC where users are not appearing in the User Access Allocations list, so I can not Allocate User Access without users first attempting to access the Hub.

The Directory Connector has been set up correctly, and when I look at any Security Rule I can pick up the userDirectory from the drop down, and all AD groups are shown under Groups.  Interestingly, Users, only lists users who have accessed the Hub already - this may be indicative of the problem?

I have set up a User Access Rule to allow users in that directory to have access.  I'm not sure if this is a pre-requisite to getting users appearing in the Allocate list?

Even after this, when I click on User Access Allocations and then the Allocate button I only see users from the INTERNAL directory.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Steve,

Make sure you've unticked the 'Fetch user data on first access, then keep in sync' setting.

Until you untick that, Qlik Sense won't even attempt to download the initial list of users.  I have no idea why this is unticked by default.

Regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Steve,

Make sure you've unticked the 'Fetch user data on first access, then keep in sync' setting.

Until you untick that, Qlik Sense won't even attempt to download the initial list of users.  I have no idea why this is unticked by default.

Regards,

Brian

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Many thanks Brian.  That was the issue and all is working well now.

abhishekasok
Contributor
Contributor

If the above solution didn't worked ..

Please share the Edit user directory connector--> Synchronization time out in seconds.

If value mentioned is  less than 600 , please make it to 600.[Depends on users to sync.. take sample user list as 1k here]

Also page size of search to 2000+

Rerun the user sync task and let me know this is solved.