Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to handle hard coded values in qlikview objects?

Please refer to the attached xls file. I have to map the excel data within QV. The starting six columns have hard coded data, which is to be shown in some QV object. The data for the rest of the columns is either calculated or coming directly from some data source.

Please let me know how to map such a case within QV, especially how to populate rows with hard coded data, which doesn't exist in any data source, but is simply to be represented in some QV object.

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Swati,

Could you please elaborate a little further.....your requirement...not getting properly.

Not applicable
Author

Swati,

The rows *do* exist in a data source...they exist in that Excel file. You can simply load the fields necessary from that Excel file, then connect to your data source to add additional fields. If you do not want to pull from the Excel file, you can use the Inline Data Wizard to "hard code" data into the QlikView script.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Thanks for replying. Please refer to the attached xls. I have to map this xls into Qlikview. Pls. suggest the appropriate QV object that can be used to represent this data. In this xls, the data till the "Critical" column is the master data and needs to be hardcoded. But after that, the data for the other columns is either coming from some data source, or needs to be calculated. At the same time, the data for the "Aug-10" column is coming from different data sources, which means that a consistent formula cannot be applied on this column to populate its data, as the data for each row is coming from a different source and needs to be handled separately. Please let me know how to handle this scenario. Can this be achieved through a single QV objects or multiple QV objects are required?

thanks,

Swati

Not applicable
Author

Please refer to the attached xls file. I have to map the excel data within QV. The starting six columns have hard coded data, which is to be shown in some QV object. The data for the rest of the columns is either calculated or coming directly from some data source.

Please let me know how to map such a case within QV, especially how to populate rows with hard coded data, which doesn't exist in any data source, but is simply to be represented in some QV object.