Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extracting web data behind a login

How do you extract data from a web page that's behind a login?

Also is there any documentation on how to use the scripting element?

4 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi henry1972,

What is your exact requirement? We can get the data from web page.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henry, we can load the data from urls with Web Files option in the scripting.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding. The webpage that I'm looking to extract data from is behind a log in. I want to be able to extract this data. I put the website address into the webpage option data loader -> create a connection -> web file but when I then click on the 'Select data' icon. It just says file format not supported.

I've also tried using a link which would automatically download a csv file but it doesn't seem to like that either. Is there any documentation specifically on how to use the data load editor? And also the scripting side of it?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for getting back to me. What format do these files have to take. I've managed to test the software out by pulling data from an general website but when I try to get at data that is behind a log in, I can't. I'm assuming that there has to be some kind of authentication process but I'm not sure about how to do that through the data loader/scripting area. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.