Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

Qliksense Desktop installed: Firewall warning (Joylent, Inc.)

I just downloaded and installed Qlik Sense 2.0 (desktop version).

When I run it I get a firewall warning (Evented i/o for V8 JavaScript, published by Joylent inc.)  Does anyone know what this is about?

(I shut down Qlik Sense and started it again and now it's not giving an error message any more, so I don't have a screenshot unfortunately).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello All, here is an update for you on this message:

This is normal and part of our new dataprepservice.exe that is installed with Qlik Sense 2.0. It is responsible for the data profiling feature we refer to as Smart Data Load, which can be seen here: Qlik Sense - Using Smart Data Load (video)

One of my colleagues just had the same message appear when installing a product called Xmind. As you may know, depending on your security settings, Windows blocks many programs in order to keep the PC as safe as possible. And the dataprepservice.exe is a new exe that has never been installed before. Windows is recognizing it as something new and by default it blocks it.

Here is something more official form Microsoft about it:

See attached for additional information and screenshots.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Simon,

Did it look like this?

With the path showing a different executable?

Let me find out for you. it is most like a check of some sort.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I got the same popup after I installed 2.0 and restarted my computer. I haven't allowed it yet, but the exe file was "dataprepservice.exe".

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello All, here is an update for you on this message:

This is normal and part of our new dataprepservice.exe that is installed with Qlik Sense 2.0. It is responsible for the data profiling feature we refer to as Smart Data Load, which can be seen here: Qlik Sense - Using Smart Data Load (video)

One of my colleagues just had the same message appear when installing a product called Xmind. As you may know, depending on your security settings, Windows blocks many programs in order to keep the PC as safe as possible. And the dataprepservice.exe is a new exe that has never been installed before. Windows is recognizing it as something new and by default it blocks it.

Here is something more official form Microsoft about it:

See attached for additional information and screenshots.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply (and I see your reply below). I only just realised the replies were going in my spam folder, but yes, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Thanks again.