Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Qlik Sense Version has expired

Hello Everyone!

I once downloaded Qlik Sense just for quick testing when was released. I just have new interest in  give it a try again, so I opened it and I find the message "Your Qlik Sense Version has expired". Reading in other discussions, I decide to uninstall and download the newest version 1.0.4. But once I open it I got the same message.

Any idea whats the problem?

Screenshot_2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Lucas,

You are on an older version of Qlik Sense Desktop.  All you need to do is download and install the latest version.  Here is a link to the correct location: Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik

Note that Qlik Sense Desktop can be use for free indefinitely as long as you continue to upgrade to the latest version.  We release three new version each year.

-Josh

Qlik

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Colin-Albert

1.0.4 is not the latest version.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Lucas,

You are on an older version of Qlik Sense Desktop.  All you need to do is download and install the latest version.  Here is a link to the correct location: Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik

Note that Qlik Sense Desktop can be use for free indefinitely as long as you continue to upgrade to the latest version.  We release three new version each year.

-Josh

Qlik

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

And here is the correct url

http://www.qlik.com/download

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Oops I was moving too fast. Thanks Alex. I have correct my original post

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Same problem here.

I tried both Josh & Alexander links but it keeps downloading version 1.0.4 and then I get the same "Expired Version" error.

Any idea?

Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hi Erez

I just tried downloading it, and I got the version 2.0.1.

Are you using this link? Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik

All the best

-Matt

I accept cookies.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

I just tried downloading again and I got the new version.

Now it works.

Thanks a lot!

Erez

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Josh!

I don't know why but when I did it the version didn't change at all. Yesterday I download it again, and then yes, the expire version disappeared.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh, sorry if I seem harsh on this but why you guys have to make this process so difficult and painful? Isn't it because you offer the product for free? Few issues I see here:

1) why we cannot upgrade to the latest from inside the app. Currently, if it's expired, there is nothing to click or follow inside the app except that I have to go and find your direct download page from several similar pages. And since you do three releases per year, it means three times I have to download this app as if it's brand new?

2) why do you require to Register to download the app even if I access the download page from inside my Qlik account?

3) is there any risk of losing data every time we have to go through this process?

QlikSense is great indeed but please make it as hassle-free as possible, so we could focus on using it, not maintaining.

Thanks.

Abdu