Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense 2.0 PDF Export - Invalid Visualisation

Hi,

I have tried exporting multiple sheets to PDF in QlikSense 2.0 and in some cases the PDF comes up with Invalid Visualisation. It seems to be for visualisations from Qlik Branch or the example extensions like Horizontal Listbox. Any idea how to fix this so they come up on the PDF export?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately this looks to be a known limitation of the export to PDF functionality in Qlik Sense currently. On the release notes for Qlik Sense it specifies that "Custom visualization extensions cannot be exported".

Do keep an eye on future releases notes to see when/if the developers are able to integrate the ability to export custom visualizations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately this looks to be a known limitation of the export to PDF functionality in Qlik Sense currently. On the release notes for Qlik Sense it specifies that "Custom visualization extensions cannot be exported".

Do keep an eye on future releases notes to see when/if the developers are able to integrate the ability to export custom visualizations.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Levi! Surprised that is the case for the example extensions from Qlik such as the horizontal listbox.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Baneesh,

Just for clarity, example extensions provided by Qlik are not part of the core product. These are examples that were built by internal Qlik staff and developers for the purpose of demonstration and example. Therefore they are not in the code track for the core product and do not support the export feature.

Hope this is clear and you continue to enjoy using the product.

Let us know how else we can help.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I am currently using the horizontal listbox so i can have my divisions along the top of each page to make multiple selections (Like buttons). Is there another way i can do this with the standard tools in QlikSense?