cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calander creation

HI,

In database date format is in (2012-1-1),(2012-2-1 ) [2013-jan-1]

but in qliksence they are created like below pic.

2)kindly please help me to create Fisical year like 2012-2013 ,[2013-2014] and quarters Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4,

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello abc,

Kindly take a look at this video and samples Understanding the Master Calendar (video) available here in this set New to Qlik Sense Videos and let me know if this helps:

You can also check out the online help: Date Time Functions

It is also important to note how the date is being interpreted in Qlik Sense. You can see this in the Data Model Viewer: (see screen shot below)

If your date is a text or ascii field you can strip of the time using a TRIM() function or LEFT() function, then convert to a date using our Date# function - then convert the date using Date function

Let us know how you do:

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

thanks for your quick reply Michael.

1)the issue is i want to load data from informix database.i established the connection by using drivers in qliksense. here it is fine

2) data load editor it is showing that table which i want .when i  loading in qliksense it i showing that table not found in database. but it is there.

3)that same table loaded in qlikview it is working

Not applicable
Author

above i posted pic that is from qlikview that same table i want to load in qliksense  and it showld be in dd/mm/yyyy format how to do this

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi abc, how are you configuring the Informix database driver, ODBC, OLEDB?

I am thinking it may be a setting in the configuration.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
marcus_sommer

I think you should use a preceeding load and within them you makes a statement like:

table:

Load *, date(floor(YourDateField), 'YourFormat') as Newdate;

SQL Select * From YourDataBase;

Preceding Load

Further helpful could be: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

by using OLEDB