Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview SR5 hangs while executing tasks

I'm using QVS SR5 with several scheduled tasks, most of them triggered by the successful run of another task. I've a task that checks every 10 minutes if there is a new finished execution of a SQL Server process; in that case it triggers the reload of other apps.

Now my trouble is that some tasks hangs and when I try abort these tasks manually, the status is "Aborting" for ever. I tried shutting down the Qlikview Distribution Service, but it never stops. The only way I found is a server restart. Some tasks fail without a clear error in the logs. I haven't found anything rare in the logs. Actually, the app seems that never starts because the log has the content of the previous run.

Any suggestion?

2 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

anything interesting in the actual log files?

Not applicable
Author

I check the logs again and I found in the last days several entries like this:

2010-09-12 19:29:29 2010-09-13 12:11:42 2 302 Warning WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters - 23.797(22.393) GB

and a couple of entries like this:

2010-09-12 19:29:29 2010-09-13 12:16:22 1 120 Error Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.

I talked to Qlikview support and told me that there are stability issues with SR5, that next 22 they will be releasing the SR6. I hope that SR6 includes fixes for this issues.