Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QUALIFY * crashes QDF IndexAdd call

Hello,

I have started to use QDF since a few weeks now and now run into a problem when using "Qualify *" statement. I just do this for testing the load of my data.

If I use QDF IndexAdd Function I run into this error:

Field not found - <ContainerPathName>

REPLACE Left join

Load ContainerPathName,count(ContainerPathName) as ContainerPathNameCount

Resident vL.temp_table_map

group by ContainerPathName

When I place an "UNQUALIFY" before the IndexAdd statement, everything works ok. Because I have a lot of table loads whit LOAD statement followed by an IndexAdd call I do not want to switch between an QUALIFY and UNQUALIFY all the time. I think it's better only to unqualify the fields, QDF uses.

Any idea on how to solve this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi again Frank, The Index function is now enhanced to work using qualified fields, an upgrade is available (still version 1.5)QlikView Deployment Framework Deploy Tool

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the information Frank, we will have a look at this and get back to you. regards

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi again Frank, The Index function is now enhanced to work using qualified fields, an upgrade is available (still version 1.5)QlikView Deployment Framework Deploy Tool

Best regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Dear Magnus,

thanks for your really fast reply and for putting an update online. I just downloaded it. I have never done an update of an existing QDF installation and the installation instruction document I understand in a way that the upgrade wizard only works, if the version number changes.

As you said: "It's still version 1.5." So will the upgrade wizard work or is there another upgrade procedure?

Regards

Frank

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Frank, The upgrade will work anyhow you just get another text box, stating that it's the same version and asks if you want to upgrade anyway. Press yes and you should have the latest code.

Best regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Dear Magnus,

many many thanks for your very fast help. I have tested the new version now and have to say: "It works!" Now I change my reload so that just one QUALIFY *; at the beginning of loading of a lot of tables and one UNQUALIFY *; after that.

Regards

Frank