Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension is not updated

Hello

After extension js-file modifying I can't see coincident change of visualization element in Sense application.

I have restarted Sense, deleted and recreated visualization element. No result.

But new extention, that created by coping and renaming above, shows all my changes.

How can I see result of extension modifining?

Does Sense have extensions reload command?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

first of all here's the solution or workaround:
https://github.com/stefanwalther/qliksense-extension-tutorial/blob/master/tutorial/part-09/1002-Trou...

Beside that I am really interesting in understanding how this is happening, because we already experienced this behavior but couldn't reproduce it.
What OS are you using, what exactly are you doing, could you please elaborate a bit, thx a lot!

Regards

Stefan

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

we have seen this rarely before but only in older versions and when using Qlik Sense Desktop to test visualization extensions.

So therefore my questions:

- Which version of Qlik Sense are you using?

- Do you test your visualization extensions in Qlik Sense Desktop or using the browser?

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

Version 2.0.1

Yes, I test my visualization extension in Qlik Sense Desktop.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

first of all here's the solution or workaround:
https://github.com/stefanwalther/qliksense-extension-tutorial/blob/master/tutorial/part-09/1002-Trou...

Beside that I am really interesting in understanding how this is happening, because we already experienced this behavior but couldn't reproduce it.
What OS are you using, what exactly are you doing, could you please elaborate a bit, thx a lot!

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

Your advice was useful. I see my extension edits in Google Chrome, so I will use it.

Windows 8.1. Professional is installed on my comp.

My extension is very simple (Hello world).

I'll do my best to help you. Can I get your email somehow?

My email was changed, but I can't edit it in my community profile.

Not applicable
Author

I am having the same problem, I am working on Windows 8.1 and QlikSense Desktop 2.1.1 :S

Not applicable
Author

You have to clear the google chrome cache by opening chrome and clicking ctrl+shift+canc.

Not applicable
Author

Solution link is broken.

I found a solution that worked for me, from qlikview - Extension Doesn't Update - Stack Overflow. I had to view on Chrome and disable caching for this to work via Chrome > Developer Tools (ctrl+shift+i) > Network Tab > Check "Disable Cache".

bekahbeets
Creator
Creator

that webpage isn't working anymore. do you know if the information was relocated?

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem, how to fix that?