Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Entry Forms

Can data entry forms be created in QlikView?

7 Replies
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The question is what do you want to do with the data. If you want to store it and use QlikView as your main entry tool, it's not going to work. QlikView is a reporting tool, not meant for data entry.

If you want to enter just one record and use it to search a database, that could work. You'd have to set up a variable for each field, and just use Input boxes.

Not applicable
Author

QlikView is just to create reports and analyze data from other systems such as SAP or Excel.

Greetings.

eladsense
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

You can use klikins  :  www.klik-ins.com  ‌

klikins is a pretty simple extension bundle exactly for that purpose. you can insert and edit data straight to-from the QV dashboard, into your database and vice versa.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

GO through the links below:

Dynamic Update - Using Actions

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jemimah

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

Not recomended

andersbergek
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

when I did Qlik consulting I kept bumping in to the same problem, so I created Konstrukt to solve that. We're about to launch it with a freemium model, so just sign up here if you're curious for a free version to use. https://www.trykonstrukt.com/

In short, Konstrukt is a no-code cloud platform for all things data entry to complement Qlik (or any other data stack for that matter). So we've also used it for master data, approval flows, planning, simulation and complex calculation models, among other things. Check it out!