Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working on Limiting Bar Chart to only display x results

Hello all,

I'm working on a Bar Chart to display cycletime of various steps a process for certain areas of a business.

Using the expression of:

=num(

if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 1'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 2'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 2'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 3'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 3'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 4'},[Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 4'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), '#,##0')

I do have a MonthEnd Dimension as well as a YearMonth Dimension I can use to help limit the results. As of right now this displays months prior to January 2015 - June/July 2015 (which is all I want displayed).

Regards,

Myles !

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear what do you want to do - do you want limit the possible dimensions-values? If yes you could set such options within the tab presentations.

And your expression it's unnecessary long and complicated, try something like this:

variable: eExp

avg({$*<CycleType={'Step $1'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)

expression:

rangesum($(eExp(1)), $(eExp(2)), $(eExp(3)), $(eExp(4)))

Explanation: if you used the same and/or a quite similar piece of code/expression you could use variables for them - especially the feature of parametrize them is very powerful. Further by using from a range-function you didn't need any kind of NULL check, for each non numeric part will be 0 returned.

- Marcus