Not applicable

Using Personal Edition you can go to :

View

Zoom

Then choose the size you want.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually, the terrain ("the playground") of a dashboard is quite large if not unlimited. The practical boundaries are determined by the objects you place on an empty sheet. And these boundaries can vary on every sheet and become dynamic as soon as you start playing the hide/show game...

It's up to you to refrain from crossing some arbitrarily chosen limits when you place/size objects. The question you need to answer at that point is: what is the average screen size of my end-users?

Best,

Peter

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi bill,

view--> Zoom these option only decrees the view on desktop,

am asking dashboard size i think you got it

thanks,

s reddy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about physically reducing the size of a dashboard area. That isn't possible in QlikView as a dashboard will always extend to include the object with the largest coordinates.

The dashboard does not have some kind of paper size (like Legal, A4 etc.), beyond whose boundaries you cannot place anything. Every sheet in a dashboard is a virtual plain without restrictions that you can impose.

It has no real boundaries, let alone boundaries you can set. It does have pratical boundaries in that it reaches to in include the extent of the farthest object in every direction. Scroll bars will take that extent to calculate their position and their range.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Moving further towards automatically re-arranging objects to fit a particular devices screen size, there are no such built-in features  in standard QlikView. QlikView originated before the big mobile-device revolution and it still shows. Dashboard designs are static, without tools to dynamically adjust to a new screen size except for the zoom function which doesn't work (yet) in the AJAX-client.

AFAIK there are three escape routes:

• the iPhone client: this software client will automatically size your dashboard to fit onto an iPad/iPhone screen without so much as a single pixel error.
  • a Qlik Sense dashboard uses more recent technology and is better suited for multiple difference devices and changing screen sizes
  • Some extensions may exist that try to solve (part of) this problem. I don't have any experience with such workarounds.

Peter