Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Custom extension for container

Hi ,

Can someone provide me an extension for custom container. which can add qlikview objects into it. I have issues with default container object of Qlikview.

or is there a way to create custom extension which has ability to embed Qlikview objects .

Thanks,

Pavan

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

please can you explain which issue that you have in the standard QlikView Container you have?

This can help to have an answer.

Best regards.

pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The issue is with horizontal scroll bar missing for a straight table , if the number of dimensions are exceeding more than the width of container. the size of my container should be limited as per the UI and the horizontal scroll bar for the straight table should appear. This is an age old problem in QV, i want to re-mediate  using custom container.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Pavan,

Instead of using the container you can use buttons to show and hide the charts, this is the better approach than the container.  Also you will have better control on your charts.

Check below link

Its All about the BUTTONS.

Regards,

Jagan.

pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the suggestion. but that really doesnt work in my case. The number of dimensions are more than 15 and the client needs them fixed and hence I require a horizontal scroll bar. I have posted numerous discussion in Qlik but there is no solution to get horizontal scroll bar for a straight table inside a container, if number of dimensions exceed the width of container. this has been an issue since one of the Qlikview patch.

Hence my attempt is to create a custom extension for container which can add Qlikview objects.

Thanks,

Pavan