Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License proposal for different clients?

Hi,

I would like to check if for client1 we bought the server license including Named CALs and Document CALs, we got client2 with different project. As per my assumption, Installation would be the same and one time. Would like to check if I need to ask client2 to coordinate with client1 for Server License or how to proceed further?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You need to purchase the license based on the requirement of the client2, suppose if they 10 users and 5 users need to access more than 4 Dashboards and other 5 users access only 1 Dashboard then buy 5 Named CAL and 5 Document CALs.

NAMED CALS - Named CAL users can access any number of Dashboards, there is no restriction on number of Dashboards.

DOCUMENT CALS - Users with Document CAL can access only one Dashboards.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What are the requirements for client2?

Are you talking about yourself hosting QlikView installations for different clients? If not, and if client1 and client2 are different companies, they will need different installations with separate licenses.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the Reply !!!

Could you please explain me both the scenarios.

Both the clients work with different data.Client1 is only interested to have a Enterprise Setup from personal edition and their business is different.

and Client2 is having different Set of data and project where they wanted to generate reports for around 10 users.

if there are multiple projects, do we need to install separately or procure license? or the Setup is one time and we would be configuring shared paths...

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think this question has already been answered.

If client1 and client2 are different companies, they will need different installations with separate licenses.

If they are part of the same company, and all users can access a single server, then you can do with one server license, but you may need additional named licenses for the users. If you need more than one server, you will need additional licenses.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If both the clients agree to use the same QV server, then you can use only one QV setup and you can mount the Client2 folder into the Server.

If you want to maintain this two clients separately then you have to buy separate licenses for both the clients.

Regards,
Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So it is something like if we are having multiple projects, Client has to coordinate to have the same QV server and only one initial Named CAL is enough to access all the projects.

else as Jonathan said we need to buy separate licenses for both the clients. .Kindly confirm.

Thanks for your time !!!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If both the clients accepted to use single QV server then they can use the common server, but Named CAL is assigned on user basis.  A named CAL assigned to a user cannot be used by another user until we delete the Named CAL for that user.

Maintaining two servers or single server is upto you, it all depends on the management decision.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If both the clients accept to use the same QV Server, will the client who wants to share need to pay the necessary license cost right? or can you explain me how does it work.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It is upto your management, how they charge.

Regards,

Jagan.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can use single server for both of your client.

The only difference here will be you need to purchase a cal either named or document.

For more details on License utilization , check below post.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7266

If you want to know how each cal works, look at below post.

Re: Different types of Licenses in server & Publisher ? Explain

Regards

ASHFAQ