Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension in set expression are overwritten. Alternatives?

I have a dimension called REPORT_MONTH that I use in the following expression in a straight table:

sum({$<REPORT_MONTH={$(=LAST_QTR_3RD_MONTH)}>} total GMH2_5.I5_VOL_ACC_ARC)

In this expression, REPORT_MONTH gets overwritten by the variable LAST_QTR_3RD_MONTH. This leads to problems, because my dimension now has two values, e.g. if the original REPORT_MONTH was '200912' the dimension now displays '200912' and '200909'. Is there any way to rewrite the expression above so as to keep the dimension's value on 200912?

Or more generally: can you use a dimension in a set expression without overwriting it?

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I may be missing something, but you are using TOTAL in your expression, which means all values will be shown. Is that behavior what you want to change?

Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

EDIT: Double post. Ignore it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Leaving 'total' out doesn't make a difference, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's the set expression that needs to be rewritten, for instance with 'if' statements. But if that's the way to go, how do I rewrite more complicated stuff like this then:

sum({$<REPORT_MONTH={$(#LAST_QTR_3RD_MONTH)}>} total <$(LVLS_2_5)> GMH2_5.I5_VOL_ACC_ARC)
, where LVLS_2_5 is a string:
'REPORT_MONTH,COUNTRY_ID,ENTITY_ID,REGION_CODE,SUB_REGION_CODE,BRANCH_CODE'

Thanks!