Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test server

Hi everyone,

I've just arrived in a new company. They have a test server with a test edition licence.

Here is a part of the LEF file :

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;25;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2014-01-01

TEST_EDITION;YES;;

Am I allowed to lease a cal ? because I currently can only use personal edition even when I open on server.

Thank you for your help.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Per default one limitation which a test-server had is you could not lease a licence. But you could lease on from your production environment and use therewith the test server. And of course you could contact your partner, maybe there are possibilities.

- Marcus

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

the lef states that

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

hence you cannot lease the license from server

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way in the test management console or on the test server to find the name of the production server associated ?

Thank you

marcus_sommer

I would say not really - there must be no association. By us it's easy the test-server is named like the prod-server with the suffix of -t. You could try it with a ping-statement but better would be to ask the qv-admin.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could check if the Test server has Remote Management configured. That's a publisher set-up that allows for tasks to be pushed from test to production (and vice-versa) as-is via the QMC. A requirement for this mechanism to work is that each system should have the other's name configured.

See QMC->System->Setup->Remote Management Services  and check the right pane for any configured remote systems. With that information, you should be able to identify the production server.

Best,

Peter

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Laura,

Can you not you the OPEN IN SERVER option in QV Desktop and Search for Nearby Servers?

HTH - Andy