Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Named CALs and Document CALs

Hi All,

Today I faced an issue where a new user was not able to see any document but was able to login to Access Point.

We have:

Named CAL=50

Document CAL=150

When user was trying to access Application:Message was: Access Denied! The Server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator. 

Once I checked to Management Console-->Systems--Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->General--> Named User CALs: 50 assigned (50 in license) . and this indicates that all 50 named CALs have been used and nothing left for new user.

My understanding was, If Named CAL reached to its MAX then Document CALs should be used. but It was not happening

Again I checked Management Console-->Systems--Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->General-->

Document CALs: 0 assigned (150 in license)

Changes are managed under User Documents

Then I went to Documents-->User Documents--> Select an App--> Document CALs--> and found that Number of CALs allocated to this document was 0 and Allow dynamic CAL assignment was unchecked.

Then I changed it to 25 from 0 and checked Allow dynamic CAL assignment.

Note: Even you try to check Allow dynamic CAL assignment and Number of CALs allocated to this Document: 0 it will not apply. You have enter an integer number greater than 0 and then only you are allowed to check option 'Allow dynamic CAL assignment'

Please suggest, Is this way to do this?

Because this document CAL was 0 and that's why new users were not able to access when named CALs reached its max?

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link for CAL access flow

QlikView CAL Access Flow

Also I think you need to select Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment in

QMC -> System -> Licenses -> Qlikview Server-> Client Access Licenses -> General

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

JAgan,

QMC -> System -> Licenses -> Qlikview Server-> Client Access Licenses -> General

This setting was already in place and that is the reason 1st 50 users allocated named CALs and any new users were getting that error.