Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to add Date Picker Calendar object in Qlik Sense?

Hello,

I need to implement Date from and To filters so that the data can be filtered for Date Range. Is there any way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Greeshma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - so by default without any extensions, you can simply use 1 list filter for your date field, such as I have attached in this example. (see .qvf file) copy to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh the Qlik Sense Desktop hub by pressing F5.

You can then use the search input box and type in the date text like this:

>=1/6/2015<=1/10/2015

This will give you all dates from 1/6 to 1/10

Let me know if this is an acceptable alternative.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

390 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Greeshma,

Qlik Sense currently does not have a calendar picker object available out of the box, but you could use a single default filter list for your from and too. - Let me see if I can create a few examples for you.

Some other information for you:

Perhaps in the video index New to Qlik Sense Videos check out Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video) and you may be able to find / request one on Qlik Branch: Qlik Branch - The Front Page - this just shows you how our extension framework works.

There IS a calendar object available from our latest extension object known as qWidget - the project is currently in Beta and can be access here: qWidget – Limited Public Beta download Download qWidget - I will test that one too and reply back with my results.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - so by default without any extensions, you can simply use 1 list filter for your date field, such as I have attached in this example. (see .qvf file) copy to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh the Qlik Sense Desktop hub by pressing F5.

You can then use the search input box and type in the date text like this:

>=1/6/2015<=1/10/2015

This will give you all dates from 1/6 to 1/10

Let me know if this is an acceptable alternative.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

That works. Thanks Mike.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Great to hear.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Mike Tarallo,

I couldn't access the qWidget link.

UnAuth.PNG

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Prabhu - let me see if swr‌ can assist.

Stefan?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Allardata
Creator
Creator

A Calender extension object would be very helpful. I'm looking for a user-friendly way to select a date range.

Do I understand correct that this qWidget extension will do just that?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

how can we access the q3widet page

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Muhammad,

Let me ask swr‌ - Stefan, is the qWidget Community page not accessible any longer?

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik