cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Where is the AppId in Qlik Sense 2.0 license monitor

In Qlik Sense 1 license monitor are the field appname and appid. So in a table box you could list both fields to have the filename of an app stored on Qlik Sense Server.

In Qlik Sense 2 the appid isn't there any longer and I can'T find any fields which containing the filename.

Any suggestions?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Could you not then use the App Id in QMC?

From the Apps section you will have the app name, id, created, owner, modified, size, etc.

You can export the app from there or duplicate it and delete the published version...

Let me know if I'm still missing what you are trying to accomplish (very possible!).

Tyler

2015-07-07 13_46_40-Apps - QMC.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

AppId is not available in the Monitoring apps 2.0. Conscious decision to remove it due to 1) complexity in getting that field consistently in different scenarios and 2) didn't think the "heavy" data field would provide much benefit.

Also, the QMC 2.0 has been updated to include more columns of data about Apps, including Id (AppId), filesize, Last Modified, etc.

@martin - could you provide some context or motivation of why you'd like App Id?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

I've used this field to identify the name of the .qvf-file when I want to "unload" an application from a stream.

In my opinion, otherwise there is no possibility to unload an application from a stream / hub.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Could you not then use the App Id in QMC?

From the Apps section you will have the app name, id, created, owner, modified, size, etc.

You can export the app from there or duplicate it and delete the published version...

Let me know if I'm still missing what you are trying to accomplish (very possible!).

Tyler

2015-07-07 13_46_40-Apps - QMC.png

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Didn't recognized that there is the field in the field list.

Thanks

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

You are not alone in that.

Please keep me posted on other findings (or 'missings') in the 2.0 Monitoring apps and QMC. I am keen on considering ways to improve both and appreciate your perspective.

Tyler