Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Legends at bottom: can't align horizontally

I have tried everything but can't get the legend (attached) to go across the bottom horizontally instead of being stack vertically like the attached. I tried resetting the user docking, turning off the legend then back on, trying to move and resize the legend using ctrl/shift.

Can somebody provide advice? I have other graphs with this same issue and don't want to redo all of them!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

18 Replies
zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Arthur yep - tried the control shift but all I can do is move around the legend - not straighten make the legend values horizontal at bottom.

sunny_talwar

By sample we mean a sample qvw document

Anonymous
Not applicable

try this: press CTRL/SHFT to see red boxes

select the box with your years and move it down until the box is over the complet wide of the Chart (not as in the Picture, but complet from left to right)

then shorten the year box (move the arrows up/down) until there is only place for one year

the years should be spread horizontally

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Rudolf - I am close.  I got it to go horizontal but my graph shrunk up. When I try to make the graph portion bigger it stacks the legend vertically again. Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose that the lenght of the legend causes the Problem. try to Change the orientation of the legend to horzontal or to shorten the number of charactres

Anonymous
Not applicable

another Option would be to shorten the box with years horizontally (but still that all years are visible)

then place the box with years somewhere on your Chart where it does not hide any information

(it's like overlaying).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zagzebski,

Even I was breaking my head into it, until I realised that you have to drag in such a way that after resetting the user sizing and dock settings,

take it (the red dragging box which becomes black while dragging) slowly to the edge of the chart in a manner that the box itself will turn horizontal while still being dragged. Then leave it.

I know its difficult to understand in text, gotto try by takiing the box to the edge of chart slowly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ruchi Bagaria

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks - definately see if that helps.

Not applicable