Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload on Demand from Web

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview.  Can I have a document/steps  on how to enable the reload feature on demand from web.

Thanks,

Sudha.

4 Replies
tiago_hubner
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example

This doc, maybe can help you.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sudha

One question, are you sure you will give the possibility to ANY user to RELOAD your app at any times?

why?

what is the objetive?

you can not resolve with a diferent solution?

I said this because it is not the best option to give to any user this "power" and this posibilty, think that any user at any time will have the possibiity to reload the app when they wants and the the concurrency and the permonce will not be the best it depends on the time of the reload have.

Hope help, Fernando

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sudha,

You can create a button, with action as reload to perform the dashboard reload. You can make this button visible to some users conditionally in layout properties using OSUser() and match functions.

This will not work in AJAX but it will work in IE.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sudha,

It is not a good practice to provide the option to reload the Dashboard on demand, it will have lot of performance issues. Instead you can increase the refresh frequency every 15 minutes, 30 minutes etc based on the requirement in the Qlikview server.

Still if you want to provide this option you have to use EDX triggers for this. Check this links below

Using EDX in QlikView 11

Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example

Regards,

Jagan.