Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Permission denied error

We need to create a user for a document using JavaScript and asp.net.

We are using the file "QvcLibrary.js" for the same. It works fine when we run it directly through code. The user is successfully created.

But when we host our website on IIS, the same gives an error "Permission denied" at the following code:

xmlHttp.open("POST", this.Url, false);

when it tries to access the url.

"http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.asp?mark=&admin=&view="

We have tried passing username and password in the xmlHttp.open method, but still get the same error.

Do we need to change any IIS setting for this?

Please suggest. This is very urgent.

Thanks

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

what is the version of your iis?

Have you configured iis and deployed the application in iis as per the Qvs Reference Manual?

Regards

-Karthik

Not applicable
Author

we have tried on both IIS 6 and IIS 7.

We have tried to follow the manual.

Is there any specific step we may be missing for authorization?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I haven't worked with this library but it seems to me, that if you are using the post method you shouldn't stuff the paremeters with in the query string of the url. I think that if you want to use the query string you might have to switch between POST method to GET.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

We have tried the GET method as well. We get the same error.

Is there any other method to do this ?

Not applicable
Author

We have tried with GET method as well.

Do we have another other code for this task which can be used with ASP.Net?

Not applicable
Author

It is difficult in general to debug AJAX applications, what I usually do is download mozilla firefox and install the firebug plugin, this way you can actually see and debug any request and answer produced by your AJAX application. I think with the information captured by the plugin you would have a clearer picture of what is actually going wrong.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

As mentioned in my earlier post, the "unauthorised access" exception is thrown at the following line:

xmlHttp.open("POST", this.Url, false);

while trying to access QvsViewClient.asp

Not applicable
Author

Hi there, spotting the line when the error comes up is not as important as the parameters you are sending in that sentence, my advise is to use the plugin to debug what you are sending through the http POST method. Makesure all the parameters are sent correctly, sometimes the error can be as stupid as a bad character encoding. Give it I try, it has worked for me in the past.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I am getting the same error as in the problem previously posted (Permission Denied). However I know my code works when executed in another VB environment like the Excel macro window. The code is as follows:

Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
MsgBox strXML1
xml.Open "POST", "http://abc.abc.com/XMLAPI?xml=" & strXML1, False

xml.Send

MsgBox xml.responseText

Any help available would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to solve this soon.