Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Cannot Connect to Access Point

Hi There.

I know this is not an issue with Qlikview I need to understand what is happening here though.

When IE browser under Internet Options -Connections-LAN Settings, Proxy settings is selected

You cannot access the access point, if you deselect the tickbox you can open the access point  but cannot access the internet

does it mean the Proxy address does not have access to the Qlikview Server?

How can this be resolved?

Your assistance is appreciated

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, me too. Nothing that I suggested requires admin privileges. And it's all happening on the client side.

For example, if you know the server name of your QlikView server, then open a Command prompt and type:

nslookup yourqlikviewservername

That should return the IP address of the QlikView server. If you don't know how to extract the subnet, just enter the IP-address as-is in the dialog I suggested.

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That does sound like your proxy doesn't know about your Qlikview Server. Or perhaps you merely have to add your Qlikview Server to your trusted sites in IE (assuming your allowed to).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your QlikView server resides in the local LAN? Then configure your proxy as usual to get to the internet, but you should also enable the checkbox thats says "no proxy for local IP addresses" or something like that (I'm sorry, my locale doesn't use English - this is a rough translation). That way your IE will avoid using a proxy for all local network connections.

Best,

Peter

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert

I have tried that it doesnt seem to work I also tried adding it as a local Site and then bypass the proxy for local sites..

Still doesnt go through...

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Peter

I have tried "Bypass Proxy for Local addresses... it also doesnt work...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your QlikView server probably resides on another network LAN segment than you are. Can you figure out the LAN IP address of your QlikView server? Convert the IP address into a subnet and add that subnet to the Exceptions list at the bottom of the dialog that appears if you press the Advanced button next to the port number in the Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings tab. This list specifies the network destinations that should not use a proxy.

We are doing a lot of guessing here. You should really ask your Network Admins to fix this in a more timely way.

Best,

Peter

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Peter , I will really have to see what I have access to, I dont have admin rights on any of the servers Im just making sure that on my side the (Qlikview Side) I have done everything I can to ensure it works

I will try your suggestion though.

Thank you.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, me too. Nothing that I suggested requires admin privileges. And it's all happening on the client side.

For example, if you know the server name of your QlikView server, then open a Command prompt and type:

nslookup yourqlikviewservername

That should return the IP address of the QlikView server. If you don't know how to extract the subnet, just enter the IP-address as-is in the dialog I suggested.

Peter