Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

VB Script Issue

I have written a qlikview report and have a VB script to run the report and generate the pdf. The same runs fine on my laptop which is running window 8.1

when I deploy it on the clients server that is running windows 2008 R2 it gives me an error.. (Attached is the error).

I following is scaled down version of the script script which I currently have on my vbs script and all I expect it to do is open the document sleep for 2000 mili seconds close and quit, but it is giving me an error

Current script in my vbs

Set MyApp = CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView")

Set MyDoc = MyApp.OpenDoc ("D:\TestQlikview\ReverseEng.qvw")

MyDoc.GetApplication.Sleep 2000

MyDoc.CloseDoc

MyApp.Quit

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is there a desktop client installed on that server?

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I remote on to the server & run the script at the dos prompt of the server ...

I also tried the cscript command. but gives the same error.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I was asking if there is a desktop QV client installed on that server.

I believe you need a QV desktop client to make above object call work.

I also assume that the QVW exists in the folder path you've stated in second line's argument and you are giving a full absolute path, not a relative path.

Other than that, I don't have an idea why it's failing. It's working on my side on a 2008R2 server.

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes the qlikview desktop client is installed

i changed to absolute path just to  ensure that i am considering the right file from right place

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And it' still failing?

I do get the error message with an relative path, but it works fine with an absolute.

You see the QV application opening and an 'Opening failed' error?

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have converted the vb script to a macro

executing the same onOpen trigger

and have written a batch file to call the file

This is currently working.

Absolutely no idea why the VBScript is not working on that server. Will schedule a restart for the server and check later

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Instead of writing this in VB script, it is always suggestible to write it as a macro and call that after the document is reloaded.  You will have better control on this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.