Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ability to overlay charts, text and images

Hi Community,

i'm using qlik sense vers. 2.0 and I would realize a similar chart.

I'm trying myself, i'm looking for .. post, video but I'm not enable to achieve my objective.

I would like .... see example

2 - DSC01543.JPG

2 - DSC01548.JPG

2-DSC01545.JPG

7 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Fabio

What kind of maps do you want? all of the image?

in sense you could create some maps but all about KML forms and points maps not route

you can try with geoqlik or qlikmaps that extensions will allow you to create that kind of maps that you attach in the image.

see this link,hope helps

Qlik Sense – Map Chart Object Part 3 – 1.1 Update (video)

Video Link : 3286

GeoQlik (Business Geografic), Platinum Sponsor of Qonnections 2015

Source of worlds' KML

http://www.qlikmaps.com/

Fernando

fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi,

i'm newbie about qlik but I spent several hours to watch video and read posts.

I think that I wanted to make something that the program does not support using qlik sense personal edition.

The links indicated have already been viewed , but not a matter of how to achieve but to understand its potential. I wish I had the opportunity to place background images on which collacare texts and data tables ( overlay ).

See example attached

Immagine1.png

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

since Qlik Sense uses web technology I don't see a barrier not to make this kind of things. But you will need to dive deeper. Some things you can accomplish with standard (built-in) components, for others you will need to create things with extensions or mashups. You should separate your requirements and ask for help for the specific one, like "text box" and "map background" etc..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Fabio - one thought here - is you can use the Data Story telling feature and layout your objects and overlay text and images. You can arrange the layer order too,

Using data storytelling - YouTube

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks for the reply . I write because I want to know the different post strengths and weaknesses of the program . My idea of graphics described by words or images . I do 5 graphics on a page creates a bit of boredom . While reading numbers is accompanied by images more engaging . But it is my personal idea

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Fabio,

Good to hear. One more thought, perhaps you may also find that you can export the Qlik Sense chart object to an image file and then use that image in another publishing tool that can design a layout for you to mix text and graphics.

Qlik Sense is a self-service data visualization tool, and is not really meant to be used in the manner you are speaking which is more related to that of desktop publishing. However, Qlik Sense does give you the tools to possibly accomplish your goal, such as developing your analysis and exporting your findings (chart object) as an image:

This way you can include your image in the another software tool that you may use to assemble your layoutm text and graphics, etc.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik