Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Issue?

Hi Experts,

Issue description- we have implemented SSO, one of the user form client team can not see the document; he can login to Access Point.

As a admin I checked that his name is present in the list of SSO users, they have section access applied.

Then is this the issue with Section Access?

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, that depends on how you look at it. It may just mean that Section Access is working a 100% ok...

Section Access will cause the document to be removed from the AP thumbnail overview if the current user is not present in the SA permission list.

Another reason may be that - if you're not using DMS - this user has insufficient NTFS rights to the QVW file. Or - if you're using Publisher - that upon reload, the document has not been distributed to this user.

As you didn't provide details about your QlikView server setup, this is guesswork and you may want to check all options.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW SSO is either on or off. I don't think you can enable SSO per QlikView user. SSO only takes care of automatically propagating your "Windows" credentials to the QlikView environment without an additional prompt for username and password.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Correct, that I know...

Not applicable
Author

Peter, I am using QV11.2SR5 version. We are using DMS, we are not using Publisher.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are using DMS, check the Authorizations tab in User Documents for this particular document. Your user may not be present in the authorizations list.

If your user is present in this list, check the Section Access table.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

user is present in the user list, we are using Named CALs here.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Authorizations tab has nothing to do with CALs. Authorizations grant you permission to open a document independently from whether you have a license or not or what type of license you have. That is the nice thing about permissions and licenses: even a Named CAL user can be denied access to a document.

Is the user present in the Section Access table?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I know CAL does not matter. I just said we are using named CALs here. Authorization is also set corectly. User is also present in the Section Access table.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To test to see if it is an issue with Section Access uncheck the below box and save the document. If he can now see the QVW it is an issue with section access.

2.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.